Membership Responsibility Agreement
Lighthouse Homeschoolers, Inc.
Membership Rights and Responsibilities Agreement
STANDARD OF BEHAVIOR
The role of Lighthouse Homeschoolers, Inc. is to assist the parents and children in their home education experience and to help parents connect to their community. However, participants act independently and Lighthouse Homeschoolers, Inc. is not responsible for the actions of individual members. At all times participants are expected to take safety precautions and be mindful of risks.
All Lighthouse Homeschoolers, Inc. events and activities are voluntary and participation is at your own risk. Lighthouse Homeschoolers, Inc. is never responsible for children or parents/ guardians. Parents/guardians are expected to act in the best interest of their children and all participants at all times. Please consider the activities involved in each field trip and the suggested age level. If you feel that your child or guest will not be able to safely handle any aspect of the field trip activity, you should remove your child or guest from participation in the event. The following guidelines should be maintained:
- No running, jumping, or climbing where inappropriate
- No destruction of property
- No rowdy or disrespectful behavior
- Students should remain in common areas while attending events hosted in private residences
- Profanity or sexually suggestive language is not acceptable
- Bullying will not be tolerated
- No weapons
- Willingness to accept from other members, reports on your child’s or guest’s behavior
- No “failure to show” without calling to cancel. This includes a member’s tardiness and/or failure to be at a pre-arranged field trip.
- Payment of necessary trip or event fees by the deadline is required. No hold notices or post-dated checks will be accepted. If your check is returned to an arranger due to non-sufficient funds (NSF) you must, within 10 days of notification, deliver to the arranger either in cash or money order the total amount due AND any bank charges incurred by the arranger.
- You will automatically be restricted from all Lighthouse events and trips until the funds are delivered. Notification of the NSF will serve as the 1st offense EMAIL WARNING of failure to abide by the Membership Responsibility Agreement.
- Facebook policy: The Lighthouse Homeschoolers Facebook page is meant to be used as a tool to help inform, uplift, educate, and support our members. By joining the Lighthouse Homeschoolers Facebook page, you agree to use the page for the aforementioned purposes. Negative topics or comments will be removed by a moderator. Repeated negative social media behavior will result in access to the Lighthouse Homeschoolers Facebook page being revoked.
- Any abusive conduct or endangering behaviors by a student or adult member of Lighthouse Homeschoolers, Inc., deemed serious enough by the Board of Lighthouse, will result in immediate dismissal from the organization and all of its meetings and sponsored events. Suspension from the group will be immediate and for the duration of the remaining school year. Readmission to the group will be at the Board’s discretion.
Failure to abide by the Standard of Behavior will result in the following:
1st offense: EMAIL WARNING
2ND offense: EMAIL WARNING and RESTRICTION PERIOD of 30 days in which said member will be restricted from Lighthouse Homeschoolers’ activities including special events such as Thanksgiving Celebration or Splash Bash if they fall in the probationary period. If the written warning was the result of an NSF you will also be on a cash-‐only basis for all trips for the remainder of the school year.
3rd offense: EMAIL WARNING and RESTRICTION PERIOD of an additional 30 days in which said member will be restricted from Lighthouse Homeschoolers’ activities including special events such as Thanksgiving Celebration or Splash Bash if they fall in the restriction period.
Further problems in this area with a member will result in DISMISSAL from Lighthouse Homeschoolers, Inc.
Field trips for Lighthouse Homeschoolers, Inc. are planned, organized and financially handled by volunteer members of the group. It is expected that all funds given to them by participating members will be handled with integrity. If you wish to participate in a Field trip, you will be assuming all risks, if any, for your participation. No refunds will be given from the Lighthouse Homeschoolers, Inc. general operating funds if said Field trip arrangers lose or misappropriate funds given to them by members. If you wish to participate in a Field trip, you will be assuming all risks, if any, for your participants. Parents are responsible and liable for transportation of themselves, their families and their guests to and from all Field trips. All events and activities are voluntary and participation is at your own risk. Lighthouse Homeschoolers, Inc. is never responsible for children or parents/guardians. Parents/guardians are expected to act in the best interest of their children and all participants at all times. Each participant assumes any risks, takes full responsibility, and waives any claims of personal injury, death or damage to personal property associated with Lighthouse Homeschoolers, Inc. or activities and events organized by Lighthouse Homeschoolers, Inc.
**This release shall be effective for so long as the member who has consented to this agreement is active in any way with Lighthouse Homeschoolers, Inc.
I have read both the Standard of Behavior and the Release. I agree that my family and my guests will honor the set Standard of Behavior at all Lighthouse Homeschoolers, Inc. functions. I understand that participation in Field trip and activities is voluntary. Further, I release Lighthouse Homeschoolers, Inc., its leadership, is representatives and assignees from all liability for any injury to my family, dependents, and my guests as a result of participation in homeschooling Field trips, events and activities.