Lighthouse Homeschoolers, Inc.
Membership Rights and Responsibility Agreement
The role of Lighthouse Homeschoolers, Inc. is to assist the parents and children in their home education experience and to help parents connect to their community. However, participants act independently and Lighthouse Homeschoolers, Inc. is not responsible for the actions of individual members. At all times, participants are expected to take safety precautions and be mindful of risks.
STANDARD OF BEHAVIOR
All Lighthouse Homeschoolers, Inc. events and activities are voluntary and participation is at your own risk. Lighthouse Homeschoolers, Inc. is never responsible for children or parents/guardians. Parents/guardians are expected to act in the best interest of their children and all participants at all times. Please consider the activities involved in each field trip and the suggested age level. If you feel that your child or guest will not be able to safely handle any aspect of the field trip activity, you should remove your child or guest from participation in the event. The following guidelines should be maintained:
- No running, jumping, or climbing where inappropriate
- No destruction of property.
- No rowdy or disrespectful behavior.
- Students should remain in common areas while attending events hosted in private residences.
- Profanity or sexually suggestive language is not acceptable.
- Bullying will not be tolerated.
- No weapons allowed at any Lighthouse Homeschool Inc. events or activities.
- Willingness to accept from other members, reports on your child’s or guest’s behavior.
- No “failure to show” without calling to cancel. This includes a member’s tardiness and/or failure to be at a pre-arranged field trip.
- Payment of necessary trip or event fees by the deadline is required. No hold notices or postdated checks will be accepted. If your payment is returned due to non-sufficient funds (NSF) you must, within 10 days of notification, deliver to the arranger either in cash or money order the total amount due AND any bank charges incurred by the arranger. You will automatically be restricted from all Lighthouse events and trips until the funds are delivered. Notification of the NSF will serve as the 1st offense EMAIL WARNING of failure to abide by the Standard of Behavior.
- Facebook policy: The Lighthouse Homeschoolers Facebook page is meant to be used as a tool to help inform, uplift, educate, and support our members. By joining the Lighthouse Homeschoolers Facebook page, you agree to use the page for the aforementioned purposes. Negative topics or comments will be removed by a moderator. Repeated negative social media behavior will result in access to the Lighthouse Homeschoolers Facebook page being revoked.
- Any abusive conduct or endangering behaviors by a student or adult member of Lighthouse Homeschoolers, Inc., deemed serious enough by the Board of Lighthouse, will result in immediate dismissal from the organization and all of its meetings and sponsored events. Suspension from the group will be immediate and for the duration of the remaining school year. Readmission to the group will be at the Board’s discretion.
Failure to abide by the Standard of Behavior will result in the following: 1st offense: EMAIL WARNING
2ND offense: EMAIL WARNING and RESTRICTION PERIOD of 30 days in which said member will be restricted from Lighthouse Homeschoolers’ activities including any special events if they fall in the probationary period. If the written warning was the result of an NSF check you will also be on a cash-only basis for all activities and events for the remainder of the school year.
3rd offense: EMAIL WARNING and RESTRICTION PERIOD of an additional 30 days in which said member will be restricted from Lighthouse Homeschoolers’ activities including special events if they fall in the restriction period. Further problems in this area with a member will result in DISMISSAL from Lighthouse Homeschoolers, Inc.
I (Releaser) hereby agree that upon acceptance into Lighthouse Homeschoolers Inc., I sincerely pledge to obey all rules and regulations of Lighthouse Homeschoolers Inc., which are set up for the purpose of keeping order and for the protection of the members from injury. I recognize that a risk of injury is involved in many activities and that my adherence to these rules and instructor’s direction and instruction is required. In consideration of being permitted to participate in Lighthouse Homeschoolers Inc. activities, including but not limited to attending classes, attending field trips, attending group activities, attending play dates or participation in anyway, the undersigned, for himself/herself, any personal representatives, heirs and next of kin, hereby acknowledges, agrees and represents the following:
- The undersigned hereby releases, waives, discharges and covenants not to sue Lighthouse Homeschoolers Inc., its directors, officers, volunteers, agents, members, instructors and authorized guest instructor(s) (hereinafter referred to as the “Releasees”) from all liability to the undersigned, his/her personal representatives, assigns, heirs and next of kin for any loss, damage, and any claim or demands therefore on account of injury to the person or property or resulting in injury or death of the undersigned, whether caused by the negligence of the Releasees or otherwise while the undersigned is participating in any of Lighthouse Homeschoolers Inc. activities;
- The undersigned hereby agrees to indemnify and save and hold harmless the Releasees from any loss, liability, damage or costs they may incur due to the undersigned participation in Lighthouse Homeschoolers Inc. activities whether caused by the negligence of the Releasees or otherwise against all liability claims, judgments or demands from damages arising from accidents or injuries of the undersigned;
- The undersigned hereby assumes full responsibility for and risk of bodily injury, death, or property damage due to the negligence of the Releasees or otherwise while participating in any of Lighthouse Homeschoolers Inc. activities;
- The undersigned does not and will not expect Lighthouse Homeschoolers Inc. to pay for any medical bills or any expenses of any kind as a result of the Releaser participation in any Lighthouse Homeschoolers Inc. activity;
- The undersigned hereby acknowledges that their participation in any Lighthouse Homeschoolers Inc. activity is on a voluntary basis and no promises or guarantees have been made to the undersigned Releaser.
THE UNDERSIGNED further expressly agrees that the foregoing RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY AGREEMENT is intended to be as broad and as inclusive as permitted by the laws of the State of Florida and if that any portion thereof is held invalid, it is agreed that the balance shall, notwithstanding, continue in full legal force in effect. The undersigned has read and voluntarily signs this release and waiver of liability agreement and further agrees that no oral representations, statements or inducement apart from the foregoing written agreement have been made.
**This release shall be effective for so long as the member who has consented to this agreement is active in any way with Lighthouse Homeschoolers, Inc.
AGREEMENT I have read both the Standard of Behavior and the Release Waiver. I agree that my family and my guests will honor the set Standard of Behavior at all Lighthouse Homeschoolers, Inc. functions. I understand that participation in field trip and activities is voluntary. Further, I release Lighthouse Homeschoolers, Inc., its leadership, representatives and assignees from all liability for any injury to my family, dependents, and my guests as a result of participation in homeschooling field trips, events and activities.