ESIGN CONSENT TO USE ELECTRONIC RECORDS AND SIGNATURES
As part of your relationship with us, you are entitled by law to receive certain information “in writing.” The federal ESIGN Act and certain state laws allow us to provide this information to you electronically, instead, with your prior consent. We also need your general consent to use electronic records and signatures in our relationship with you.
In this consent, "we," "us," and "our" are used to refer to Lighthouse Homeschoolers Inc., and its current and future affiliates. “You” and “your” refer to the person giving this consent.
1. Your consent to use electronic records and signatures. In our sole discretion, disclosures, notices, records, and other information we provide to you may be in electronic form (“Electronic Records”). We may also use and obtain from you electronic signatures.
Electronic records may be provided to you through regular communication channels, including but not limited to electronic messaging (email) and the Lighthouse Forum, or Facebook Page.
We may always, in our sole discretion, provide you with any Electronic Record in writing, even if you have chosen to receive it electronically.
2. Your option to receive paper copies. If we provide Electronic Records to you, and you want a copy in paper, you may contact the Lighthouse Board of Directors to request a paper copy. This only applies to a copy of this agreement, or other legal agreements between you and Lighthouse Homeschoolers Inc. This does not include other electronic communications as provided in the Bylaws of Lighthouse Homeschoolers Inc.
3. You may withdraw your consent at any time. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time and at no cost to you. You must notice your intent to withdraw via written notice to the Board of Lighthouse Homeschoolers. By withdrawing your consent you may lose access to critical systems for a member of Lighthouse. Additionally, withdrawing your consent does not invalidate any prior electronic notices, or electronic signatures.
5. You must keep your email or electronic address current with us. You must promptly notify us of any change in your email or other electronic address.
6. Hardware and software you will need.
• a Current Version of an Internet browser, (Specifically a web-standards compliant browser such as Mozilla Firefox, or Google Chrome. Internet Explorer, and Safari may not always be supported)
• a connection to the Internet,
• a Current Version of a program that accurately reads and displays PDF files (such as Adobe Acrobat Reader), and
• a computer and an operating system capable of supporting all of the above. You will also need a printer if you wish to print out and retain records on paper, and electronic storage if you wish to retain records in electronic form.
You must also have an active email address.
By “Current Version,” we mean a version of the software that is currently being supported by its publisher, up to the last two "published updates" of a version of software.