You may not attend Lighthouse events if, during the past 48 hours, anyone in your household has experienced a temperature of 100.4 or higher, vomiting, diarrhea, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, rash, or pink eye.
The following guidelines are recommended to help stop the spread of Covid-19.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least twenty seconds. If soap and water is not available you can use hand sanitizer or disinfecting hand wipes.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue or cough into your elbow. Dispose of the tissue in the trash.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Maintain physical distance of at least six feet from others who are not in your household.
- If you aren’t able to maintain six feet of distance, then you should wear a face covering.
- Clean or avoid frequently touched surfaces or items.
- Don’t share utensils
- Stay home if you or anyone in your household is sick, or if you have recently been in contact with someone who is sick.
- If you have recently traveled or have attended a large group event where physical distancing wasn't possible, please consider refraining from attending Lighthouse events for a period of two weeks.
* This information is accurate at the time of publishing. We advise you to stay informed about the current recommendations by checking the CDC guidelines found at http://www.cdc.gov
Lighthouse Homeschoolers Inc. WAIVER FORM
I, (Releaser) hereby agree that upon acceptance into Lighthouse Homeschoolers Inc., I sincerely pledge to obey all rules and regulations of Lighthouse Homeschoolers Inc., which are set up for the purpose of keeping order and for the protection of the members from injury. I recognize that a risk of injury is involved in many activities and that my adherence to these rules and instructor’s direction and instruction is required.
In consideration of being permitted to participate in Lighthouse Homeschoolers Inc. activities, including but not limited to attending classes, attending field trips, attending group activities, attending play dates or participation in anyway, the undersigned, for himself/herself, any personal representatives, heirs and next of kin, hereby acknowledges, agrees and represents the following:
- The undersigned hereby releases, waives, discharges and covenants not to sue Lighthouse Homeschoolers Inc., its directors, officers, volunteers, agents, members, instructors and authorized guest instructor(s) (hereinafter referred to as the “Releasees”) from all liability to the undersigned, his/her personal representatives, assigns, heirs and next of kin for any loss, damage, and any claim or demands therefore on account of injury to the person or property or resulting in injury or death of the undersigned, whether caused by the negligence of the Releasees or otherwise while the undersigned is participating in any of Lighthouse Homeschoolers Inc. activities;
- The undersigned hereby agrees to indemnify and save and hold harmless the Releasees from any loss, liability, damage or costs they may incur due to the undersigned participation in Lighthouse Homeschoolers Inc. activities whether caused by the negligence of the Releasees or otherwise against all liability claims, judgments or demands from damages arising from accidents or injuries of the undersigned;
- The undersigned hereby assumes full responsibility for and risk of bodily injury, death, or property damage due to the negligence of the Releasees or otherwise while participating in any of Lighthouse Homeschoolers Inc. activities;
- The undersigned does not and will not expect Lighthouse Homeschoolers Inc. to pay for any medical bills or any expenses of any kind as a result of the Releaser participation in any Lighthouse Homeschoolers Inc. activity; and
- The undersigned hereby acknowledges that their participation in any Lighthouse Homeschoolers Inc. activity is on a voluntary basis and no promises or guarantees have been made to the undersigned Releaser
THE UNDERSIGNED further expressly agrees that the foregoing RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY AGREEMENT is intended to be as broad and as inclusive as permitted by the laws of the State of Florida and if that any portion thereof is held invalid, it is agreed that the balance shall, notwithstanding, continue in full legal force in effect. The undersigned has read and voluntarily signs this release and waiver of liability agreement and further agrees that no oral representations, statements or inducement apart from the foregoing written agreement have been made.
Assumption of the Risk and Waiver of Liability Relating to Coronavirus/COVID-19
The novel coronavirus, COVID-19, has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization. COVID-19 is extremely contagious and is believed to spread mainly from person-to-person contact. As a result, federal, state, and local governments and federal and state health agencies recommend social distancing and have, in many locations, prohibited the congregation of groups of people.
Lighthouse Homeschoolers, Inc. (“Lighthouse”) has put in place preventative measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19; however, Lighthouse cannot guarantee that you or your child(ren) will not become infected with COVID-19. Further, attending Lighthouse events could increase your risk and your child(ren)’s risk of contracting COVID-19.
By signing this agreement, I acknowledge the contagious nature of COVID-19 and voluntarily assume the risk that my family, child(ren) and I may be exposed to or infected by COVID-19 by attending Lighthouse events and that such exposure or infection may result in personal injury, illness, permanent disability, and death. I understand that the risk of becoming exposed to or infected by COVID-19 at Lighthouse events may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of myself and others, including, but not limited to, volunteers, and program participants and their families.
I voluntarily agree to assume all of the foregoing risks and accept sole responsibility for any injury to my child(ren) or myself (including, but not limited to, personal injury, disability, and death), illness, damage, loss, claim, liability, or expense, of any kind, that I or my child(ren) may experience or incur in connection with my child(ren)’s attendance at Lighthouse events or participation in Lighthouse programming (“Claims”). On my behalf, and on behalf of my children, I hereby release, covenant not to sue, discharge, and hold harmless Lighthouse, its Board, leaders, volunteers, and representatives, of and from the Claims, including all liabilities, claims, actions, damages, costs or expenses of any kind arising out of or relating thereto. I understand and agree that this release includes any Claims based on the actions, omissions, or negligence of the Organization, its volunteers, board, and representatives, whether a COVID-19 infection occurs before, during, or after participation in any Lighthouse event.
**These releases shall be effective for so long as the member who has consented to this agreement is active in any way with Lighthouse Homeschoolers, Inc.
Agreement: I have read the Standard of Behavior, Illness Policy, COVID-19 Recommendations, the Release Waiver and Covid-19 Waiver. I agree that my family and my guests will honor the set Standard of Behavior at all Lighthouse Homeschoolers, Inc. functions. I understand that participation in field trip and activities is voluntary. Further, I release Lighthouse Homeschoolers, Inc., its leadership, representatives and assignees from all liability for any injury to my family, dependents, and my guests as a result of participation in homeschooling field trips, events and activities.
This copy is provided for your reference. Rev. 07/2020